What is it about : explanations, and introducing yourself

(provisonnal name) Forum for planning the first step of the project (what we want to do), and welcome newcomers.
Maitresinh
Site Admin

What is it about : explanations, and introducing yourself

Message par Maitresinh »

(My native language is french. Sorry for the broken english).

Long ago, at the dawn of Roleplaying game, there was a boardgame, Magic Realm which was capturing all the magic of what the call now "Old School" : open-ended adventures, explorations and dangers. Yet, it was a very complex game, but we think it, or at least his core gameplay,deserve to come back to life.

It's what we are trying to do, with the support of this non profit publishing house, 500 nuances de geek, which his focusing on the "borderlands of gaming" since 2011.

Our project :

A- Modernize the game keeping the core system, with minor tweaks, but heavy new formating and OSR art.
B - Create extensions that do no alter the core system but extend it (cities, news terrain)
C- Create compatible optionnal extensions (super MR..) that you can add if you want

All that from and for the fan community.

This game will have first a "Print and Play" version for playtesting and then a crowdfunded physical full version.
For now, we will call it "Land of wizardry" (LoW), but the final name will have to be decided by consensus.

How we will do that ?

Step 1/ the principles

a) Using the principles of MR, but free to evolve along all that has been produced by the community, for the community.
b) Free from mass market : we are free to make it graphically "different" from mass market products (ie : Poag...)
c) Accessible as much as possible : not a game for geeks, but a game by geeks. As few text as possible on the components, Progressive learning curve.
d ) Open license: all the component should be free to download and in Creative Commons open license regarding the system. by contributing, you agree on that.

Step 2 / Start to gather a open-team and elaborate a program
It would works on a consensual basic. In case of disagreement, i decide.

a) Define the "tweaks" (systeme and formating) for the core game / Dedine the "extensions" that do not alter the core we'd want to see
b ) Check for all the things that can used, as a basis
c) Get to know would is interested in contributing on what. Found a person / task
d) Check for the "core group involved", 3-4 persons.
Admins - people who want to get involved at a high level, and try to get the big picture
Moderators: people who want to work on a specific question and try to reach a consensus and make sum up of the ideas/ problems each XX days
Contributors : people who want to bring ideas and occasionally contribute

All that will be done here. the process:

- If you have a demand /idea, be specific, and ask for it in the general Thread. Basically, it will be like : original component / problem / solution)

For exemple "i think the randomness is key to the game, but yet could be improved..." "Ok, open a thread for that [CORE] [RANDOMNESS TWEAK]".
You're then responsible for that questionin your thread. You do not "decide", but try to reach a consensus. You try to write down that consensus/dissensus back to the participants. And the, you report it to the general thread.

-
- The general Thread is, as you can see, a place for summarizing. There, the admins are making sum-up at a higher level
- 500NDG then (myself), make propositions based on this

Step 3 / work: Fébruary 2021-May 2021 .
Schedule project and tasks
get it done
let people know about it.
Play test.
Back to work

Step 4 : Design the Print and play (June 2021-December 2021)

using our "patreon like" channel for non profit / free games, La Caravelle, we will fund Art and layout
https://fr.tipeee.com/la-caravelle
Stefan Poag will be the illustrator.

Step 5 : craft it

The game will be release in september 2021

Step 6 :play

-------------------------------

Maitresinh
Site Admin

Re: What is it about : explanations, and introducing yourself

Message par Maitresinh »

Welcome

So i will introduce myself. Mi bio is here :
http://www.legrog.org/biographies/maitre-sinh

...a "former" rpg gamer.

I'm at the head of 500 Nuances de geek (500 shades of Geek)

Maitresinh
Site Admin

Message par Maitresinh »

hola

No habia visto tu mensage. Escribi todo en ingles y al final, mira que...
Pues, esta bienvenido. si entiendes frances, creo que puedes constestar en castellano (yo no tengo problemas en escribir en castellano).
Te dejo que veas los posts y que me digas lo que opinas....

Fiquei2

Message par Fiquei2 »

Soy Fiquei. El foro me dice que no puedo entrar con mi cuenta habitual. Por favor, comprueba a ver qué pasa. Parece como si mi cuenta hubiera sido borrada.

Maitresinh
Site Admin

Message par Maitresinh »

Estas de Vuelta !

QUE PERSONNE N'EFFACE SON COMPTE, CE N'EST PAS DU SPAM

Maitresinh
Site Admin

Message par Maitresinh »

hola

Cree un grupo de trabajo en la plataforma que usamos para planificar y seguir todos los proyectos, en freedcamp. Si no recibiste el aviso, deberia de estar en spam.
Esta organizador, por lo que puedes anadir tareas, modificar, etc...

Como funciona ? Cuando empiezas algo, lo marcas. Y puedes deja comentarios y preguntas en cada taera. Te aconseja entrar siempre por los "jalons" (el icono de banderita), porque resulta mas ordenado.

Maitresinh
Site Admin

Message par Maitresinh »

Hay novedades ? Viste la programacion en freedcamp ?

Répondre