[Geme design] Why and what this game ?

(provisonnal name) Forum for planning the first step of the project (what we want to do), and welcome newcomers.
Maitresinh
Site Admin

[Geme design] Why and what this game ?

Message par Maitresinh »

I realize i forgot to start with that : why do we care about this game. I think the anwser is important, ait could lead us to rescue OSR mechanics and maybe, create a slightly diffrent game.

In a nutshell :
* Exploring a world: i think that exploring the world is a key world. but maybe, we could go fruther with that (as the board could be discovered and not created before the game)
* Sandbox :As in tabletop RPG, you are free to do what you want.
* Everything can happen: like in OSR RPG, gameplay is not constrainted by any idea of equilibrum. Immersion comes before game. If you meet a dragon, you'd better run.

So, given that, i think that this game could be even more what it shoul be (ahm....)

- You discovered (ie make) the world, not the board
- pieces could be endless (more pieces of the board)
- Thematically, i like the idea of a modern person (maybe you, the gamer, but maybe another contemporary character), thrown into a fantasy world. That would give another turn to the idea of immersion

Maitresinh
Site Admin

Re: [Geme design] Why and what this game ?

Message par Maitresinh »

Me alegro que estemos de acuerdo en lo mas importante : descubrir el mundo (y por lo tanto, revelar las losetas poco a poco). No me parece contradictoria, tu idea de circulos concentricos de difficultades, con el principio de "todo puede ocurrir". Puede ser probabilistico. O sea que habra menos posibilidad que algo peligroso ocurra cerca de ti.

Por otro lado, es coherente con la ficcion, lo que es lo mas importante : explorar es alejarse, y adentrarse en lo desconocido.

Abria que abrir sujetos para estos asuntos, por ejemplo la construccion del tablero paso a paso (ou lo proyectar su avatar en un mundo de fantasia). Una idea entre otras en cuanto al principio de "descubrir el mundo" : Los personajes podrian tener un mapa : una vaga idea del mundo adonde se adentra, donde podria, segun los rumores, encontrarse tesoro y dragones. Y muchos blancos y territorios completamente inexplorados.

Podria tomar la forma de un verdadero mapa, y construir (revelar) la loseta encima, con algunas limitaciones, tomando en cuenta que la carta tiene una probilidad de ser falsa o incompleta....es un compromiso entre tablero hecho o por hacer, tal vez un incentivo ludico/estrategico, y sobre todo algo tremendamente tematico

Répondre