[General Thread] opening your questions and overview

(provisonnal name) Forum for planning the first step of the project (what we want to do), and welcome newcomers.
Maitresinh
Site Admin

[General Thread] opening your questions and overview

Message par Maitresinh »

Please see the main subject before.

Now, this is first post, regarding what to "tweak" in the core system (IMHO).

If you want to open/lead a thread on any questions, you're welcome.
Just tell us, put [CORE] [matter] [Looking for Consenus (or whatever status] in the subject. Explain what's the problem / some ideas about how to solve it and give us the link.

The admins (yet to find), will add the list of the open questions just here, in this first post.

----------------------------------

1/ Randomness : as it's part of the sandbox gameplay, it's totally part of the game. BUT it can be a clever randomness : for exemple, the more you search, the more you get chances to find a treasure...it's still random, but you get a way to deal with it. And it may make more sense in the narrative.

2/ Coop variant : i agree. It may not be a good idea.

3/Simultaneous actions : i as thinking mainly about a new format. The paper sheet can be easily changed for card and/or tokens, in a programming board, i think. Arranged on another "resolution" board car help in the process.

I'm also thinking of something "experimental". The guys of Volumique, who i know, are apps that interacts with tabletop boardgames. I like the idea of traditionnal boardgames, in which the system ("rules") is running onto you brain, not by a computer. It's a complety distinct experience compared to the black box of a video game code.
Now, you phone could assist you in the process, while letting you see the internal logic, in ARreality. I will check with him if he's interested.

4/ Yes, Big cities and outdoor are better than Dungeons for this

5/ High Fantasy, totally. If there aren't trademarks on "Black Night", "Treasure" or "Amazon" (there should'nt be), that's ok.  

Maitresinh
Site Admin

Re: [General Thread] opening your questions and overview

Message par Maitresinh »

1/ Estoy de acuerdo. Queda ver concretamente que forma toma. Tiene que quedar une idea de "challenge", una duda, pero a la vez uno deberia de poder influir mas sobre su suerte.

2/ De acuerdo.

3/ Ma parece muy bien. Tantas hojas y tokens en el juegos original. Necesita realmente algo mas manejable

Répondre